With the Covid-19 Global Pandemic many government agency communication channels are understandably overwhelmed with demand. As a result, many importers are experiencing delays in trying to obtain the status of shipments on hold from CBSA, CBP and Participating Government Agencies.
We understand how imperative these shipments are to you and your clients and therefore will continue to be your advocate with these authorities in the following ways:
1. As soon as we are aware that your shipment has been placed on hold, requires further inspection or any other situation that results in a delay in release with a government agency, we will:
- Contact the government agencies involved to try to obtain a reason for the delay and an expected time of release.
- In the event that we are unable to reach the government agency, we will expedite your release oversight to our team leads, supervisors and managers.
- We will contact you immediately to let you know of the delay and relay all information we are authorized to from our communication with the Government Agencies.
- If the shipment is crossing at a location where we have an office, we will physically walk to Customs to try to obtain any information we can and relay it to you forthwith.
- We will continue to inquire about the status of the shipment with the government agencies until a release decision is made, and relay that information to you immediately.
2. We will continue to operate at maximum staff levels, while taking precautions for the health and safety of our staff, ensuring we are able to service your import needs effectively, 24.7.
Unfortunately we are seeing some government agency offices close at this time, exacerbating some of the communication issues surrounding shipment holds and delays. Please rest assured that our involvement in your shipments continues until a release decision is made. We will continue to be your advocate during this difficult time.
The Team at PCB