Group interviews are being held on Saturday, May 14th, 2022 for this position. Please contact us if you are interested but unable to attend.
We are looking for a Container Dispatcher to be based out of our South Surrey Head Office. The successful candidate for this new position will join our growing drayage desk. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will coordinate with the ocean freight teams of PCB Freight Management and both Pacific Customs Brokers Canada and USA.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Locate available rail and drayage equipment all over North America, obtain rates from carriers and negotiate pricing
- Coordinate booking of container loads, gate reservations, origin and destination drayage, as well as train on- and off-boarding
- Track progress of shipment
- Create and proofread all paperwork
- Communicate with shippers, carriers, and rail intermodal companies
- 1+ years of experience in drayage dispatch, ocean import freight forwarding, or logistics department that handles intermodal transportation in North America
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to stay organized and detail oriented while multi-tasking.
- Must work effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs
PCB Freight Management offers:
- A stable position with a competitive salary starting at $45,000 (depending on experience)
- Excellent health and medical benefits
- Company pension plan
- Profit-sharing opportunities
The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and be able to work flexible hours when needed. Please note that we are located near the Pacific Highway Border Crossing. Public transportation is not available in this location, so reliable transportation is a must.
Forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations. We welcome all qualified applications and will contact shortlisted candidates
Applications from outside Canada will not be considered .
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care